Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reporting to: Global Corporate Controller
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
About MJardin Group
MJardin is a global cannabis management platform with extensive experience in cultivation, processing, distribution and retail. For over 10 years, MJardin has refined cultivation methodologies, developed state of the art facilities and implemented vertical integration for and on behalf of license owners. As a well-capitalized organization, MJardin continues to pursue strategic expansion and M&A opportunities across global legal cannabis markets. MJardin is based in Denver Colorado, with offices in Toronto, Canada and Barcelona, Spain. For more information, please visit www.mjardin.com
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our accounting and finance team to assist in financial reporting and reconciliation duties; You must have a high attention to detail and will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating transactions, and prepare for financial reporting as required.
• Prepares and records accounts receivable, accrual liability (commission) and revenue entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
• Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary;
• Prepare the consolidation working files of subsidiaries, and prepare all eliminating Journal entries;
• Prepare draft balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flow statements at quarter end and year end reporting;
• Prepare analytical schedules for external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and financial statements line items;
• Prepares schedules for Tax calculations and prepare HST, EHT and WSIB returns for filings;
• Assist in budget process;
• Working capital monitoring and cash forecasting;
• Other ad-hoc projects;
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting and financial reporting experience;
• Degree in accounting/Finance, and preferably with a CPA designation or pursuing a CPA designation;
• Familiarity with accounting software, including QuickBooks or other ERP system;
• Strong Communication skills;
• Strong Computer skills, and proficiency with MS Office (especially Excel);
• Team player, able to prioritize multiple tasks;
How to Apply:
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and are looking for an opportunity with a dynamic team, please submit your resume in confidence to CareersCanada@MJardin.com. Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. MJardin is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.